Friday, May 18, 2007

Another letter from Kara in Thailand

Today I am in Auythaya, the old capital of Thailand, we arrived this morning at 4:30 by night train, and I hardly slept at all because the air conditioning was SOOO cold, brutal! Im going to die when I come home! Anyways this morning we looked at some old budha relics/temples that were destroyed in the wars, its was pretty interesting, but we saw a whole pile and after a while they all kind of looked the same. Tommrow at like 7am we leave for the bus for a 4hr ride to another town where we are going to see some sort of WWII site which should be sad but good. And then the next night or that night I'm not sure were going to stay on a bambook raft. Then on sunday night we're going to be back in Bangkok to join up with 2 other people and lose 7 of our current tour friends, as we will be starting the Southern tour. I'm pretty excited, it sounds a lot more slack and a lot less travelling which will be fantastic to stay in one place for more than 1 night. A lot of beaching on the white sands and I think i'm going to buy all of my souvenirs/ gifts there as well so I have less distance to carry it.

If there are any requests please tell me before Sunday as I will probably use the free internet in Bangkok before the 2nd tour starts. Oh yeah thanks dad for the id number, I sent him an email so hopefully everything works out. To answer your questions if I can remember them all, yes its still humid here. Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai were not as bad, almost cool considering the weather here. Ayutaya though is brutally humid, not as hot as Bangkok but definately way more humid, I feel like im breathing in Water and strange scents. The trek was AMAZING, everything is absolutely gorgeous, I loved it. The first day we were hiking was intense though, I have never sweat from every limb and pore in my body before. MY Forearms were dripping! It was like having a shower, SOOO WET! when we got back we did laundry and I felt awful for whomever got stuck doing ours cause I'm sure it all reeked! Oh yeah they don't have any coin laundry here, mostly you pay to have them do it for you..so far we've paid 70 and 100 baht for our laundry. Not too bad I suppose. Sometimes its hard to tell if your getting ripped off or not. The second day of the trek it rained alll day which was not that awful because it was a lot cooler, and the third day we got to ride elephants!

I can't wait to show you the pictures, it was wonderful! Anyways I need to go. My mp3 is hopefully done charging, I hope everyone is doing well!

kara

No comments: